(June 8, 2010) Miami Beach, FL – EliteHealth.MD, one of the industry leaders in patient portal technology has officially launched the public beta version of myEliteHealth v2. This innovative web solution securely connects patients with their physicians via the web, while providing patients with a suite of tools to better manage their healthcare. Over two years in the making, EliteHealth has successfully completed its alpha and private beta testing phases of the project and transitioned its users from its legacy version to the new version 2. This important milestone signifies the move from its testing phase into a publicly available web solution that any patient or physician can now benefit from.
The myEliteHealth project began in May of 2008 with the assistance of web development group Medical Web Experts. The goal of the project was to build a simple tool for patients to securely access their medical record via the web. The project quickly gained popularity and features such as email e-consultations, patient education, prescription refill and appointment requests were inserted. In June of 2009, development began on a new, enhanced version that offers all the features of the first version as well as many additional enhancements, including:
– A new interactive user interface
– A health history module for patients to manage important health information such as current medications, allergies, health conditions, recent surgeries and more
– A health tracker module for patients to track daily vitals such as blood pressure and weight
– An e-marketplace for patients to purchase nutraceuticals
– A patient education database with over 70,000 health topics
– A team of health coaches available 24/7 for FREE health advice on topics such as nutrition, weight loss, cholesterol, diabetes and blood pressure
EliteHealth.MD also has many original features that will be implemented prior to its official launch in the 3rd quarter of 2010. Some of these features include:
– Live video e-consultations
– A search tool for finding the best prices on prescription drugs within a geographical radius (US-only)
– An enhanced medical records browser
– Interfaces with many of the top EMR software applications
“It’s an extremely exciting time here at EliteHealth as we bring this innovative application to the public eye at a time when its needed most. We know that it will help other physicians to provide better patient care to their patients, just as it has done in our own practice.”, says Steven Schnur, MD, co-founder of EliteHealth.MD
EliteHealth.MD, LLC specializes in providing both patient care and health care technology solutions. They are headquartered in Miami Beach, FL and were founded in 2008. With over 40 physicians across the nation, EliteHealth offers its patients an old-fashioned style of care while leveraging the latest technological advancements in healthcare. They are also developers of patient portal technologies for the private practice.
Further information about Elite Health may be found online at www.elitehealth.com
Further information about the myEliteHealth Patient Portal can be found at www.myelitehealth.com
About Medical Web Experts
Medical Web Experts, a wholly owned subsidiary of New Wave Enterprises LLC, are providers of web solutions for the health industry. Medical Web Experts specializes in website design, graphic design, internet marketing and patient portal solutions. The myEliteHealth patient portal was developed by Medical Web Experts. Their expertise in healthcare web solutions has brought EliteHealth’s website an added level of professionalism and industry leadership.
Further information about Medical Web Experts may be found online at www.medicalwebexperts.com